I just bought a new PC and while installing and configuring everything into place on my new SSD from scratch, I just noticed that when reinstalling Torch Browser (just another good alternative of Google Chrome which is also running on “chromium engine“, but not so often updated) some of my extensions were missing. I specifically noticed that difference with one of my extensions which I was using so often and now it was gone forever.
New Identity extension missing from Google Chrome Web Store
Yes, I am talking about the “New Identity” app, which was previously featured on the official Google Chrome web store, but sadly for some reason is now gone. I got crazy because it was doing the job perfectly and decided to put it all together from what files left on my old hard drive. So this is not an official release from the developer, but you can consider it working and virus free. Scan it with Malwarebytes or even better, follow the link for a Virus Total result page.
PLEASE FIRST READ THE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Download the .zip file and extract it on your desktop. Inside you will find a file named “0.1620_0.crx”.
- Go to your desktop shortcut of whatever Chromium engine browser you are using and just add this line of code after the
Target path: –enable-easy-off-store-extension-install
For example, it should look something like this:
- Then close all existing sessions and run your chromium based browser from the shortcut you’ve just created.
- After that in the URL bar paste this: torch://extensions/ or this chrome://extensions/ depending on your browser.
- Select and enable the “Developer mode.”
- Then Just drag and drop the extracted “0.1620_0.crx” file to that window.
- Done! Have fun with your new tab session plugin!
What is this extension actually doing?
Well, it’s simple. It opens a new tab into your existing screen and Google Chrome browser session where with a single click you can start a new session into that new tab , while creating a “temp1” folder which makes the browser read and save to it temporary cookies so you can log in freely with multiple accounts such as Facebook, Gmail, LinkedIn etc.
If this post/tutorial was helpful for you, please consider writing a comment or in the comment section below tell me what can I improve to help you better! I am doing this for all those people out there, who are searching the web but can’t find what they need. Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions.
LAST UPDATE 8.11.2016
Download Link: Google_chrome_multy-session-new-identity2016
The password for the ZIP file is: “bjordanov.com”
#Before download, please first read the description!
keywords: new identity, multiple accounts in chrome, new browser session when opening a new tab, new session tab in chrome, google chrome multiple logins/profiles extension.